Friday, May 18, 2018

TGIF


I was right. My co-workers greet each other on Wedesday and Thursday like its Christmas Day.

"Happy Hump Day! Its Wednesday!" and then its miraculously Thursday,  "Its Friday Eve! Yay Thursday!"

I've never been that excited about either of those days. Thursday is a good day because historically its a good TV night, but during the day, its just another day, it means two more full work days until the end of the work week. Not really much to get excited about. But at least one and sometimes two co-workers come in every week very excited about the prospect of Hump Day or Friday Eve.

Gag. Just shut up, really.

One of my co-workers, a friend really, is leaving us. Going somewhere else. Where is a good question. I asked her this morning when just the two of us were here, in private, and her answer was "I'm not going to say! Evil lives here,  and I don't want evil to know where I'm going!". I was like, Okay, I'm one of your friends and we've worked together for years now. I went with you to a strangers house to pick up your cats that you found on Craigslist and now I am a intercessory to evil? Thanks.

I'm kind of hopeing that maybe she takes some time off before she starts her next job. Just saying. I told one of the other folks here what she said, and was told that I should tell someone , and I was like "Tell them what? That maybe they should be glad they are unloading her? She does have a weird sence of humor and I think this is it in action, she just doesn't have a very good sense of humor. I'm really going to miss sher though because she's the only card carrying liberal in the bunch and in addition we hate the same  co-workers.

I have almost nothing in common with any of the other people here and I will really miss her. Even though the job may have driven her a little crazy and it may be past time for her to go.  Who else will I talk about cats and liberal politics and even more crazy co-workers with? This sucks hard.

No comments: