Thursday, May 17, 2018

Wednesday



I am trying to decide if I need to go all the way downstairs to get water from the fancy water fountain to fill my water bottle nee' tea bottle, even though I have heard that this is a bad habit to get into because reasons - most likely thought up by the makers of store bought water bottles I am sure.

I could refill it from the sink in the bathroom, the men's bathroom because I protested for my rights to use the bathroom at my leisure and the fact that it has much better water pressure than the women's rest room, like shockingly better pressure. The ladies room sinks just drizzle out water! The water in the toilets in the ladies room after a hard rain is always beige  - the campus is crisscrossed with 187 year old terracotta pipes that Dorothea Dix made herself, that get saturated and turn the water beige ( although it is one way to gauge how heavy and how much of a rain we had, if the water is still clear it means it wasn't much of a rain, if the water is brown it means we really had a deluge) The men's room toilet water stays clear ( it wouldn't surprise me if they were fed by newer pipes).

They certainly get less wear, there are only three men in the building and there are  here only occasionally and its seen that way for years. That bathroom hasn't been used regularly in years and is kept in pristine condition, well kind of...

Until it backed up and they screamed MY name to "COME FIX IT!" I was like,  I went down the hall and lo and behold the toilet was over flowing. It had been over flushing for weeks ( once told to flush, it continued flushing for three minutes at full flush), so the fact it was now throwing up was not entirely surprising. But I can not fix a toilet. Not for what I get paid.

I spoke with the screamer and said "Yup,you are right, its over flowing. But its not my problem. This sounds like a problem for someone further up the pay scale...Maybe we should find the cleaning lady?", I did go find her, because I am helpful to a point. We waited for our supervisor to come in and had her make out a work order for maintenance to come and fix the problem.

 And they did but they were not amused that we did not report the over flushing. We were like "It was working?." We have a very low bar here.

No comments: