Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Throw some rice!



And we're back. Everyone watch The Wedding? I didn't get up at 4am to watch it, because I am old now and they have invented DVRs since his Mama and Daddy got married. I slept in  a like a normal person and then watched hours and hours of televised wedding blather.

I liked her dress, it was nice. Plain. So very, very plan. A little bling would have been nice, the tiarra was lovely and blingy( and lets be honest, looked better on her than Queen Mary back in '32) but the dress could have done with a little sparkle, tasteful sparkle mind you. I did think that when you saw pictures of her dress next to Kate and Diana's, it did make theirs look a little heavy  and overdone though. But then when you look back at Diana's' dress, it was extremely heavy and overdone it was as if the 80's designed a wedding dress and very learly it did, all the excess and bad fashion was all in one place. Meghans' dress was extremely tasteful. So tasteful, so modest, so very demure, it made my first communion dress look a little whore-y by comparison.

I am hopeing it has some effect in the wedding industry and maybe causes the styles for the coming year to be a little more tasteful than they were this last year. They are finally adopting sleeves - Thank You, Kate!, but they are getting too covered with brick brac and bling and lace and sparkle. Too much of a good thing is just looks cheap and tacky and so many of the dresses I see on Say Yes To The Dress are very expensive  versions of  cheap and tacky. To much frosting ruins a cake.

I had a great time watching the whole wedding though. It was beautiful and they looked so in love.

She looked so young! It might have been the voluminous veil , it was huge and gorgeous and everywhere.  She looked magical walking up those stairs and down the aisle by herself covered in this diaphanous bubble .

I looked at pictures of Kate at her wedding and she was all hard edges and triangles. She looked harder than Meghan and she was younger at her marriage. I think that is difference between marrying the King and marrying the Kings brother, Meghan can smile and be happy all she wants, her whole life is going to be charity functions, war memorials and shopping, Kate will be Queen. She will have duties. I think I would look hard too,

No comments: