Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Wednesday


I didn't take the dog on our normally scheduled walk because I knew that I was going to have to go to Target to pick up his meds at some point and I didn't want to come back too tired to go and do that. So we walked around the block instead. Its better than no walk at all.

I tell myself that. It is better than watching more Without a Trace or another episode of Barney Miller.  It ends up to be a little over half a mile, every little bit helps I guess. I've gotten careful about heading out if it looks even vaguely overcast or like it could become over cast or it was over cast, I've been caught twice in deluges and ended up soaked to the bone and I didn't enjoy it either time and now I'm paranoid. It rained earlier today and I wasn't sure it wasn't going to open up again. You can't trust it. The sky lies, just because it looks blue and clear does not mean that in fifteen  minutes its not going to cloud over and start pouring on you out of spite.

My friends daughter just graduated from high school and I was going to get her a tee-shirt, don't laugh, I was! I don't have real money and she already has a job and a plan and I have no idea what the new high school grad with no college in the fall needs or wants.  She is getting a short book by Carl Hiaasen that is supposed to be for college grads but since she has had her last graduation - she is going to cosmetology school soon, and I guess they hold graduations? No clue, but  highschool will be her last huge many peopled,  pomp and circumstance situation  .

 The book will be better than a tee shirt. I'm not sure if she is a reader or not though, I do know she wears tee shirts. Oh, well the book has been purchased and its on its way. Tee shirts really don't carry  the same Graduation Gift Gravitas that I was looking for. And also a $20 bill stuck in a card just doesn't say Happy Graduation! with the same force that it did back in '87.

No comments: