Monday, May 7, 2018

Weekend



 I did almost nothing for two days, In my mind it was a very successful weekend. I slept a lot, I watched a lot of TV and I cuddled with the animals.

Sunday I took the dog for a walk, and as we got downtown I began to notice the odd rain drop. I decided to keep going because the last time it started raining I gave up too soon and it stopped almost as soon as it started. I figured that maybe the rain would just stop and we could go on.

It did stop, and we did walk. It was fine, until it started again. And we were far from home. And it just got to raining harder and harder as we plodded home. We hid in the bus station and then under  a tree for a bit, but we couldn't hide indefinitely, when it was not raining as hard we came out from hiding and just started walking.

And walking, and walking and walking.

And it just rained harder. And we got soaked. The dog was not happy. While we were downtown and it was hardly raining at all, he kept poking me with his head,  as to maybe get some part of him out of the wet. Later he just seemed to have let any hope of getting out of the rain go. That was even worse!

So we plodded home.  And it started to rain harder. And we were so far from home! And we just walked on.  We were not happy.

And finally! We were getting closer to the house, the rain stopped and the sun came out! Hosanna! The dog and I were soaked to the bone, dripping wet walking down the sidewalk, in the sunshine. We were getting closer to the house when a woman saw us and she said "Were you walking in the rain?"

I just said "yes" and kept going.

The only good thing about this sudden shower was that Rocket was soaked,and I have needed Rocked soaked for months. Rocket needed a bath and Rocket was going to get a bath. I stashed him in the entry way and turned on the hose. He was initially not very excited about getting even more wet, but  he calmed down! I was floored! He let me wash him and he didn't leave any bruises, I wasn't mentally injured either! I was shocked by this very good dog behavior, so unlike him!  and he is now clean and he smells good too.

No comments: