Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Instagram


I have found the best Instagram site ever. You must go there and spend all your time watching their videos, its called cakess.videos and its videos of cakes being decorated. Just videos of cakes being decorated, and some cookies and the occasional cupcake. Its very restful and somehow, filling.

Instagram, its not just for pictures of my food and my pets! (megjac1968) I mean who knew? I do follow a couple of drag queens and a celebrity or two and some cows, but they also pretty much post pictures of their food and their pets. Draco Malfoy doesn't seem to have any pets but he  does spend a lot time tooling around exotic places on a skateboard made out of residuals.

But back the the cake people. They are artists and I don't think I would feel good about eating any of the creations, there are all so gorgeous. And after watching enough of them, I really don't want to eat any because it feels like I've eaten a lot of cake  after watching video after video after video.

I've also decided after watching all these beautiful confections that I want a pink cake for my birthday, I might not force that on anybody else, it may be just for me. I doubt anyone else wants to eat  a pink cake with pink icing but I really do. There is so much more outside the standard  chocolate or yellow Birthday Cake Box. You watch enough of those videos you  get really over the standard box. Also I want to stomp the patriarchy too, I don't know why dozens of cake decoration videos made me want to do that. but I suspect some sort of subliminal advertising.

I'm also learning about how to frost layer cakes. I've been doing it wrong, well,  the one time I did it, I did it wrong. It turns out, if you want to do a neat and tidy job you need to put the cake on a lazy susan type thing and spin the little fucker, and then you should pipe the frosting on it in coils and then use a big flat thing to smooth it out . So much neater and nicer than I did it, and easier!

And of course, the most important step is the crumb coat, you must always remember the crumb coat!  I was not wasting time watching the Food Network, damn it.

Did you know that Snoop Dog was on Monk? Suddenly hanging around Martha Stewart doesn't seem that far fetched,

No comments: