Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Weekend


I hope you had a good Memorial Day Weekend!

It rained here and I managed to lose two separate credit cards in separate incidents! Go me! Don't worry, I canceled both of them immediately, but  so while it was pouring rain, I couldn't go shopping and buy anything to keep myself amused and I also could pay the lawn mower guy to mow my lawn before it started raining. Yay. I also had to use a check when I went to Wally to do my weekly shopping. I felt like 1991.

And of course, I did my shopping and came home all proud of myself and this evening I discovered I am almost out of sugar. Of course I am.

Saturday, before I lost my card I bought a new plant for the front porch and  got it replanted/  I discoved while doing this tht a weed that I had allowed to become some sort of tree, had put down a tap root that had gone straight through my brick patio and disrupted it. Its all disrupted now! I had no idea it would do that. So pissed at me and it. New plant won't do that, pretty much because it will die at the end of the season. It will be pretty and smell good in the meantime though.

Also, when I wasn't losing my credit card, I went out to deepest , darkest Fuquay Varina, yes, it is a real place! and went to a Balloon Festival. Only, the weather wasn't perfect and there were not exactly a lot of balloons, I saw two and only one took off. So I drove a long way and didn't see a whole lot. But I didn't have to drive on the highway and now I know how to get back there.



This is to show how large the ballon actually is, the guy in front gives you  the size.



I just like this picture. They blew this up, but they never got it up, up and away. Its beautiful though.



All the gondolas so not hooked to any balloons. They made us look at them for the longest time.


This balloon got up and stayed up! Very exciting!







They had arranged the baskets into a star shape in "honor of our armed forces"  and all flamed up at the same time. It was very loud, but the star shape was not visible from the ground.

They were planning to have a lighted take off at 8:45, but it was all ready 8:15 and there was no action on the ground as to getting balloons out and it seems like kind of a production just to get one up and away and I can only imagine what goes into getting multiples of them on there way -  and since it didn't look like it was happening, I left.

There were a lot of people there, a very diverse crowd, it was very crowded.


It was a huge field, going back about a half mile. In the rear was food and other vendors as well as games and rides.


No comments: