Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Tuesday


 Quick Things I learned :

1. Never feed the dog  six eggs in lieu of  regulation dog food for a meal even if there is no regulation dog food in the house! This is not a good idea, it doesn't matter that you had no other use of the eggs, because the dog will stink like a bad catalytic converter all weekend.

2. There may be a "rather large" wood chuck living in my yard. One of my neighbors told me he saw it waddle across in the street and head towards my back yard. He said he knew there was one in his yard eating his garden. Now I know what may have been the demise of my last garden. Not rabbits but wood chucks! However, I have never seen a wood  chuck here and wood chucks are not shy or retiring creatures. I have a yard full of yummy clover and I would have seen one by now if there was indeed wood chucks here. I think he may have seen a possum.

3. People you only "know" from spending  hours of watching them on TV and going on trips with them to places you will never go on purpose and then exploring those places with them and meeting all these fascinating people and not so fascinating people and then eating their food and then that person dies and it sucks. And by "die" I mean "hung themselves" which does not happen on accident and that makes it even worse because it took planning and Robin Williams hung himself too and that still stings. RIP Anthony Bourdain.

4. I found out how the Lawn Mower guy had the balls to mow my lawn without my express permission: He had the balls to mow my lawn because had the express permission of my neighbors, who thought it would be alright because they thought my lawn needed mowing . They apparently do this. I watched them make this same decision for the people across the street from me. This time as a baby present. My neighbors are a hounded and forty years old and I am not going to clap back on this because they are a hounded and forty years old, but ... It annoys.

5. I bought a baggy to hide the dogs tags because while we are vacation some people object to the sound of his tags jingling when he shakes his head during the night. Well. I have found that I may have found the sound more objectionable that I had thought, I think  he and Iare  sleeping better now that he has been effectively silenced.

6. Glad to see Oceans 8 doing so well at the box office, its heartening to see that even movies with women not dressed in leotards still draw crowds. Big Crowds.

7. How cool was it that Robert DeNiro said what he said? I mean, he has been saying that every single time he's been in front of a camera for two solid years, but, still, on CBS at the Tony's is different than on the New Spirit Freedom Films No One Saw Awards on Sundance.  And you could tell they  started the bleeping before he even made it up to the stage, it was an easy A, you say what he said, how he said it, in front of who he said it and you are going to get a standing ovation.  He Bleeped to the Choir.

But its time. Its time for Democrats to stop straightening the sheets and cleaning the kitchen and stop trying to make friends and compromise. Its time to stop being nice and stop politely trying to tell them our side of the argument and showing up with pictures of crippled up puppy's and trying to appeal to their softer side. They don't have softer sides or souls. We need to leave the posters and the weepy family members at home and start with just saying OH HELL NO. FUCK NO.  Start from there and let them work their way down. The days of compromise are over. The Democrats need to go in what what we want and leave with it.  It means stand up and saying Fuck Donald Trump on national TV. and doing over and over and over.

8. I saw the Star Wars movie and really liked it. I liked the guy who played Han and I was into the story line. I maybe should have watched the hated prequels first though because I think it might have helped a little, maybe? I know there was at least one character I was supposed to place instantly and I couldn't. I did not like Not!Leah, and while I had assumed he banged every vaguely female creature he ran across, it was still tough watching him with a Not!Leah.  I really liked Lando and I had never given him much thought because he was kind of a throw away for me, but Donald Glover is awesome! Much more awesome then Lando Original recipe, sorry Billy D. Williams.

No comments: