Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Wednesday


My plan for the evening, post dog walk was to  switch on Netflix, I  became acquainted with it, and I thought that since I had seen one Star Wars movie I had missed, I should watch the others I had missed. OtherS, I have become a bad fan. I have missed two.

I am not really counting Rogue because A) while it was serviceable, it was fanfic. It is a two plus hour explanation of a line of  Leah's dialogue in the original movie "We lost a lot of good people/men to get it", "it" being the plans to the death star and how to destroy it.

We also learn why it was so easy to destroy it. Our girl heros', long missing father was taken hostage by the Empire years ago ( and abandoning her to her fate)  and forced to design it and he designed a small but massive flaw. Ta da. Which made it almost too easy for our real heros years later to  zip in there and blow it up. Twice.

So, me and Netflix and Star Wars. How nice.

My movie isn't there. Yet. Curses.

I'm going to just buy it. I have the others. I'm not going to get Rogue because its fanfic or probably the Han because its also fanfic, but I need the real Star Wars. Which I can't watch on Netflix.

So instead I watched the Steve Martin/Martin Short special, which is very funny.  Not ground breaking, but a nice evening with two old friends. And then I watched part of  Mama Mia.




No comments: