Monday, June 4, 2018

Weekend.


I didn't exactly do nothing all weekend but I came comfortably close. I guess its nice to get things accomplished and be able to have that sense of getting things done and being able to get things off the  "list" there is a lot to say about not really getting a damn thing done too.

My cause was helped a lot by the continuing rain. It won't stop. It rains every gawd damned day. Its like south Florida here! And this was before that Tropical  depression thing came by and messed up the western part of the state. It just will not stop raining.

 I was going to mow the front lawn. but you can't mow a wet lawn, or you shouldn't with an electric mower, so that idea was shot. Oh well. I watched TV instead and napped on the downstairs bed. I needed to do that to get re-used to the mattress! While I was down there, pre-nap, I separated the clothes that need to be hung up into types, it will make it easier to hang them up when I get around to that. I also moved some things around and through away some trash that had accumulated in the room over the past year and a half. Progress is slow but progress is being made.

I took care of getting new sunglasses! Yay! And this time they have bifocals and aren't going to be  tretefd with whatever made it so I couldn't use them to read my electronics, that was a major bummer. I got them from Sams, so I didn't have a huge selection, but I only paid $80 total, out the door, so I am not going to complain that my sunglass frames are less than a brilliant expression of my inner self. I'll live. I picker a lighter frame than current pair and I'm going to be happier with them the long run, my current pair weight about a thousand pounds and that is a drag.

I also bought a lantana plant for my front porch, I wanted to get a second elephant ear, but they were very expensive and so I went with the cheaper lantana instead. I moved the pot into the one corner that gets sun almost all day. I hope the plant really grows and thrived because I planted it into one of my biggest pots and if it does wind up being happy, it can and will grow back every year. I would really like that because I really like lantana blooms.

No comments: