Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Monday



So much fun at work today. We spent the day playing  Little House on the Prarie, or as it was Huge State Agency Inside the Beltline.

I noticed the little fountain as I drove into work this morning and I thought. "Hmm. Thats new. Wow, that's going to suck for somebody. Probably not me though, that is a long way from my building.Oh, well, off to work I go..."

Yeah. It did suck. All day. No water. That means no water fountain, not much of an issue because we don't have one on our floor anyway. But what it really means is that we did not have a bathroom. No toilets.

 The power of suggestion is evil. I spent the morning to doing my little work and sitting at my desk and thinking that the water would be fixed soon and this would pass.

And it wasn't. I needed to use the john now. My teeth were floating and I was getting very uncomfortable. You can only shift around so many times before you have to take action ASAP. and I had to take action. I went down to the bathroom and found that they had helpfully put buckets in front of the stalls to aid in flushing. It helped, a little. I ran into the poor housekeeper and she already had a thousand yard stare at 10am.

I was going to be healthy and eat my lunch in the car but my car does not have a bathroom.  I drank very little at lunch and went back to work with the idea that of course they would have it fixed by now. No, they did not. All damn day with no water and no toilets.

I heard from a little bird that our Secretary sent out a memo saying that due to the lack of water that we could if we were able and we wanted to, go home due to the circumstances, this memo was distributed to other groups in the building through their management but not to ours through our manager. The witch.

Other people got to go home but we had the privilege of developing kidney infections. I'm going to use Workers Comp to pay for mine.

No comments: