Thursday, June 7, 2018

Yay Thursday!



I'm going to the movies. I'm not just going to the movies, I'm going to go see the chick version of Oceans 11 on opening night all dressed up!

Alamo just built a new theater down the street from me and they are all about the theme nights and for the opening night that are having a  black tie and fancy dresses theme for the movie.

I think this is because the movie is about the thieves robbing the Met Gala. So  Fancy dresses for the women in the audience. I do not have any fancy dresses, so I had to go get one. I went to Good Will. I found one I thought was going to be it. It looked like it would fit, and I was going to go with it without putting it on, but I thought that if it didn't fit I was going to be stuck with this giant dress that didn't fit. And that would suck. What would I do with a giant dress that didn't fit? You literally can not get rid of gowns, you have to learn to live with them. They become a chronic condition and you  have these dresses with you for the rest of your life. Its terrible.

So I went to try it on quickly, or as quickly as you can put on a giant dress, answer: not very - and the only dressing room was occupied. And I waited . And waited. And waited. And there wasn't a great deal at the God Will I really wanted to look at. I was on a mission and I kept thinking of what the dog could be doing at home while I was cooling my heals outside the fitting room.

What was this person doing in there? I imagined that she had going shopping for a new wardrobe and was trying it all on, piece by piece. That she  was homeless and had taken up housekeeping in the fitting room. That maybe she had died. What ever the reason, the girl would not give up the room and I need it!.

I was at the cash register to just buy the damn thing when she finally gave up the room and I able to try the gown on. And thank gawd I did! I really liked, it was lovely and it fit  and the dress was really lush and heavy and it must have been very expensive in its day - the only part that was not a great fit was across the bust and it was too small, which made me very sad. I mean who knew! I was flat chested for years and now my chest is too big for gowns. Sigh, I had to put that one back and keep trying. Keep in mind there were only four fancy dresses in the store and the others were not as nice as that one and to be honest,  I didn't like them very much and I didn't have to try them on to see they would not fit.

I did not want to spend actual money on a dress for a goofy dress-up party at a movie theatre.

I put the nice dress back and went back to look at the three other dresses again to see if maybe I had been to quick to reject them. I hadn't, they were still gross. I went to the other side and lo and behold, there were more dresses buried on the other side!, not a lot but at least two! And one was acceptable! And it fit!

And it only cost $7!!  I brought it home and decided  the dress needed earrings, I ended up with two pair, one that was too expensive ($20!) from Wally that wasn't nearly as glittery at home and a second much cheaper pair from Hammrick that retained its glitter, that only cost $6.

The dress is long, so the shoes are going to be feet coverings. This is a costume and so far I go for costumes.

No comments: