Wednesday, May 14, 2003

All Quite on the Eastern Porch


It was so quite today.

The Mouth That Roars was at a management meeting as well as all of the chiefs and most of the Indians. The phones weren’t even ringing as often and less ringing phones mean fewer overhead pages. The secretaries were pissed about this “If they aren’t going to answer their phones, we’re just going to put them to voice mail!” It is hard to answer your phone when you are twenty miles away at a meeting! Bitchwhoreslut wasn’t in either, so it was indeed a beautiful day.

The new chiller outside my window sounds like a jet engine revving up when it starts; I had not noticed that before. It is really loud for about 15 seconds every half hour or so. Since it was 75 degrees today, I question why I was hearing it all. Tsk.

Speaking of chillers. Mine at home was peeing all over my basement floor. So I called the A/C people and they came out and shock and awe! They didn’t pull a strip from some doohickey thingy and thus the doohickey couldn’t do its job and the machine was incontinent. They fixed it. I spent all weekend about to die from the heat. The dogger just followed me around with her eyes the whole time saying “ I’m hot and getting prickly heat because you don’t love meeeeeeeee!” The weather today and for the rest of the week? Now that the doohickey on the A/C is ready to go? Highs in the 70s.

I actually got some work done today. I had a stack of requests piled up and I was able to knock out two of them. Yay Me! I have this terrible feeling that there are more of them somewhere and I got distracted and just put them somewhere. I was pleased, I looked though several hounded sheets of paper and actually found the name I was looking for. Whoopee! I hate doing all that and finding nothing. It’s so anticlimactic.

I’m going to have to hurry up tomorrow morning and fill this one request before the lawyer comes in to look at some more stuff. I think I told him he would have it by now and it might be nice to give him the first request before I have to start on the second. He does lose points for calling me fifteen minutes before I get off. No yellow sticky notes for him.

I still have three bins of filing to do and I know there is at least that many piled up by Bitchwhoreslut and The Zombies desks. I can only do so much filing when I can only do it twice a week. And I always do as I am asked.

Speaking if doing as asked. The Oakland Public Library got its budget slashed and they need books www.pamie.com for some reason it will not print the link h,t,t,p, :/,/,w,w,w, dot p,a,m,i.e dot c,o,m. I so suck at this.

Pamie, behind, Pamie.Com is a very nice person who wants to help this library and asked her readers to do the same. I am shamed because I didn’t act sooner or order more books for these deserving people, it sucks being poor. So, to make up for my lack of action and cash, I ask that you at least follow the link and look at it. There are a lot of libraries with “Wish Lists” like the one in Oakland; you might find your neighborhood branch there as well.

Good News on the Gardening Front – My garlic plant appears to be sprouting! Yay! my carrots are still green but no movement on the potato front. Last year I planted all ready growing plants and this year I tried the potato experiment. It would be really cool if it works, if it doesn’t … next year I buy plants.

Daisy has learned to go up and down stairs! For the longest time she refused to even go near the door and when I got her past the door to the stairs she would start to sway and sing We Shall Overcome. Now she barrels down the stairs and right into the wall. It's not pretty, but she get's down the stairs - and when thime comes, she goes up the stairs too!, also, not pretty but ... This is great because now I can let her out the basement door into the back yard instead of hiking outside with her. She found that if I’m not with her in the back yard she can did deeper holes. I won’t have to get some expensive water feature for the back yard because she will be hitting the water table any day now. The back yard looks so, nice in a surface of the moon quality way. I’m going to call the whole thing The Sea Of Tranquility and be done with it. Does NASA give grants for landscaping? I’ve been seeing some good stuff being thrown out at the curb; I think a stray lunar lander is not out of the question.

I'm going to my local library branch and finally get a library card. If I can't find something I want to read, maybe I'll buy them something I want to read.

www.pamie.com




















No comments: