Monday, July 28, 2003

DYI and other lies the TV Told me


I got the room finished. All four walls all minty fresh all at the same time. It was a successful operation. Then I tried to turn my computer on.

There is a connection. My train of thought did not just slip off the tracks. The minty fresh walls on the walls of my office room, the room where my computer lives. I had to move my desk out of the way to paint the final wall. It only had to move about three feet. I cannot move it myself. Damn Swedes.

I called Brosky and he and I arrange a time for him to come by and help me out. In the mean time I the whole except for a narrow sliver behind and above the desk. All is well. Brosky arrives and we move the desk the needed feet and I paint the rest of the wall. We out the desk back and I tidy the room up. It looks great, and the curtains aren’t even up yet. More on the curtains later. Or as I now think of the experience, The Battle Of Wounded Finger

But then.

But then I decided to check my email, ya’ll don’t write me, but I still manage to get a lot of email. Spam, really, but they love me and my non-penis – so much so that they are tireless in their attempts to help me grow one. Anyway. I turned the machine on. I turned the monitor on and it turned itself off and I turned it on again. It turned itself off… And again. And again. I turn off the whole machine. I try again. The monitor turns itself off.

I’m by this time getting a bit, to say the least, concerned, which is nicer then the twenty or so words I used at the time that were not “concerned”. Words like Mother! Freakin’GodDamnedPeiceofShite! @#$ I was so mad I was using speaking in tongues BlfrtyGrwetqCrd also can be translated as You and your Mother, you! @#$%^&*!

I decided that I should go watch BBC.

Is there any programming on BBC America that are DYI orientated? And they never do anything to the computers in the room. No matter what Moroccan Blue nightmare they inflict on the room. Bastards.

So I played with the cat until he bit me.

By that time a garden show came on and it lulled me into a happy place. So I tried to computer again.

I’m going to have to watch a lot of garden shows.

Behind the Cotton/Poly Curtain

The curtains arrived! They looked great in the room even in while in a pile on the floor. I bought an old-fashioned house and it came with old-fashioned curtains. I bought old-fashioned curtains. I bought very large old fashioned curtains. I don’t know where these puppies came from but they had windows taller then my ceilings. And wider then my windows. So they, drape in a very, lets say, luxurious way, they puddle on the floor like a prom dress at midnight. Getting those luxuriouscurtains up there in the first place made me want to puddle on the floor.

Curtains are heavy. Lined curtains are heavier. Standing on a twitchy office chair to hoist these heavy things up was stupidest. I did not enjoy myself. It started out badly and I should have known. Firstly, the new curtains didn’t have all their little pointy hangy things, so I had to go rob my old curtains and harvest the pointy hangy things from them. The new curtains are larger. Need more pointy hangy things then the old curtains. I scored enough to get most, but not all the pointy hangy things I needed for the front window. I out the pointy hangy things on differently from panel one to panel two. I had to rehang panel one. Standing on the twitchy office chair. Joy was not had. Right now, go kiss your tab topped curtains.

The little window is still naked. No pointy hangy things for it. Sad.

The dogs crate does not add to the whole Minty Fresh theme I was going for in the office room, the cats climbing tree does not add a great deal either. But.

The light is so much nicer. It seems cleaner then it did before. It room looks so much better.

You think BBC America could be talked into running a DYI computer monitor repair show?






No comments: