Sunday, July 20, 2003

Home on the Range

please note that although it says Sunday, this is really Monday’s entry. I will assume my normal schedule on Tuesday


Hi Honey! I’m Home!


The same commercials are on TV. I was gone for two weeks and they haven’t changed the commercials. I was with out the benefit of TV for two whole weeks and they didn’t change the ads.

For entertainment I read The Weekly World News.
With a headline of Freaks, Geeks and Weirdoes the least they could do would be to supply some real freaks, geeks and weirdoes. You would think that with all the advances in technology we have seen, that they could cut and paste a cat head on a baby body and make it look convincing. I also read much of the last years best selling paperbacks, I read more on the last two weeks then I have in the last year. I’ve read so many detective novels I should get an honorary badge.

My whole life was different and the rest of the world can’t give me the common decency to change along with me? I am shocked. How could things not change? I was gone. It takes a great deal of supervision on my part to make sure that things progress at an even keel, you would think that with out me here to keep and eye on things that something other then Pirates of the Caribbean should have jumped the tracks. I could assume that things would freeze in my absence, that my present is required for the world to keep running. I see my absents as a reason for things not only to keep running, but to run smoother.

The same things I was keeping tabs on weeks ago are still in more or less the same state as when I left them. I was sure that they house down the way that had been gutted before I left would have reached at state of either completion or compaction in my absence.

BBC America is still running the same damn diet pill add as they were before I left. I watch that channel a lot. I can’t imagine how much I would hate that ad had I actually been here all this time to watch it. Do they think that by suggesting that the rest of us are too thin to use their pill that for some reason that we would not use it? This is a free country. We can all be speed freaks. Regardless of our weight. Damn it.

My shrubbery did use my absence as an opportunity to grow. They would have grown had I been here, but they certainly wouldn’t have gotten as big as they did. I may have trimmed them. Or Not. Still. It wouldn’t have been such a surprise. I also have a tree in the backyard those flowers. I didn’t know that.

A number of movies opened while I was gone. There were movie theatres there, but I didn’t go. Pirates of the Caribbean had to run of the tracks with out me. Pity.

Mr. Kitty spent his down time honing his mental illness. He also forgot that we, meaning I sleep at night. All night. Not for a few hours here and there. He also took to knocking things off low shelves. Why did he do this if there was no one here to be annoyed by it? What’s the pay off for him? Did he sit in the middle of the floor and yowl at the top of his lungs while I wasn’t here? Was he yowling for his stuffed lovey? Does he think if he shrieks at it, that some how it will yowl back?

Needless to say, I had a wonderful time. I actually got o have fun with dogger and not just our routine feed/water/walk. We got to play. She loves the water, she will fetch as long as you will throw something for her or she gets scared by a duck. Which ever comes first.

I spent yesterday scanning the first round of pictures I took; the site through my ISP will not allow me to publish the damn thing. How does it know I still have five or so rolls to be developed? The ISP is only following Blogger in its refusal to do things My Way - you may have noticed that the archives are still on vacation. Lazy bastards. I am still trying to figure out what kind of computer magic I’m going to have to learn to get those to appear . They exist, I can access those dates, but the archives are persisting to vacation.

I am a little concerned about the Job. I have been told that everything is Fine. I watched too much X-Files to believe that fine is Fine.




No comments: