Friday, July 4, 2003

Leaving on a Jet Plane, I know when I’ll be back again…


I finally gave up the fight to being kitty with me. I was down to claiming that he is a service animal and therefore exempt from their fascist pet policy or duck taping him to my chest and saying I was off to have the operation.

He will be going to my parents’ house this weekend with Brosky and Alphagal. That makes me happy. It adds to the amount of stuff I have to pack up, but my baby will have people around for the weekend.

Yesterday sucked. You know all those “things” you have stacked up at work, that you keep saying that you’ll get to if you only had some time? I had a huge amount of those things. I don’t now. 12 hours of work later, I can leave with out feeling like I should have finished something before I left or for real? Worrying that I’m going to get busted for not finishing something before I left.

I carried heavy boxes out the hallway! Did anyone even offer to help? Nah. I forgot to call archives to have them picked up! Shit.

And I still left Nominal Boss and her flunkies stuff to do, which I apologized for because that’s what I do. Bad Day? I’m Sorry, lost something; I’m Sorry, Your office too warm? I’m sorry, Thought for one moment I actually cared? I’m Sorry.

I’m so tired.

12 hours at work, I work for the state damnit. We don’t work 12-hour days. We don’t get paid enough to care enough to work those kind of hours. And no, I don’t get over time. Thanks for wondering. But due to the State having no money and yet another year of 1.5 percent raise, I can vacation like a European! Even after I get back, I’ll still have three weeks of time! Go State! Giving us time instead of money. If I had money I could vacation with the Europeans.

So I’m off. I leave this afternoon and I won’t be back for two whole weeks. I may be able to update a little though, so check back oh! And I fixed the archive problem, go and read the old entries.

Bye!!!!! Miss me! Keep Checking, I will try to at least post a couple of times a week.

Oh, Yeah! HAPPY JULY 4TH !!!!!! May You All Dance In The Glow Of A Thousand Fireworks!!! Be Safe – come back with the same fingers and all the eyes you started off with! Eat Some Food Outside! Wrap yourself Non-Ironically in the flag of your choice and twirl!
















No comments: