Wednesday, October 29, 2003

It was a dark and stormy day


It didn’t help today that it rained all day. And never got light. At all. All day it was predawn gray.

You can not wake up when its that color outside. You can’t work in that. Time did not work the right way. It is supposed to pass, it froze. I kept working away, doing my little thing. Copying, copying, copying. And time did not pass. I went to go check the clock to make sure it wasn’t broken or still set to Daylight Savings. No joy. It worked, it wasn’t set wrong. I reset it myself Monday.

And it was so dark all day. Gross dark. Not dramatic, stormy dark – something to look at and talk about “Look. It’s So Dark…” and it was wet. Dark and wet and not in a good dark and wet way. In a cold, damp, gray way. Blah.

I kept myself busy making copies and redacting. Mostly to avoid my office. It’s very cold in there on a good day. On a day like this it is just miserable. People kept asking for files and making me go in there. Very thoughtful. There is nothing I like more then time not progressing and being cold. Par-Tay.

I did have to go out at lunch in the rain to pick up my prescription, the one the doctor’s office couldn’t fax to the glasses place on Friday because the Doctor was on vacation and he wasn’t going to be back till this week? And he had to sign it? Bull shit. It was stamped with his name.

The day did finally pass. Slowly.

Finally. Time to go home. In the rain. It was really raining in a snotty way. In an “I’m not going to stop, I’m just going to keep right on raining, Na Na Na” way. Tonight is Puppy School. Tonight was Puppy School. There were two messages on my machine once I finally got home. One was from Brosky from like Saturday. I really hope it wasn’t important and one from Puppy School.

Wimps.

I was all ready to put on the rubber boots and rain coat and got stand in the parking lot and put Dogger through her paces. It was not to be. I know have time to really drill her on the one thing we learned last time. Yeah.

I’m home and its time for Dogger to go outside. She was cool for the initial out the front door pee, cause it was fast. In and out. The she had dinner and then it was time for the real trip out in the yard. She was all right until we got down to the basement and she realized what was about to happen to her. She stood at the bottom of the stairs and looked at me like I was the worst kind of dog abuser. She was all set to call Animal Planet and narc on me to the Animal Cops. I was like “They don’t live here! Go outside!”.

No Puppy School and No Walk. It’s like Christmas! I don’t have to go outside! I don’t have to rush around! I can stay here on my chair and watch Angel!

Poor Dogger is out in the rain and the mud and I am in the house on the chair in front of the TV. Good Times.

I have thought about ways to free both of us from her bowel and bladder needs. I have tried to talk to her about holding it in or refocusing her energies. I have lectured her on using a box like Kitty or the toilet like me. She is not able to grasp this. Sad.

When all this failed, I talked to her about getting a colostomy and a catheter. How this would free her from the rain and mud, how she could be like the Kitty and just lay on the chair at night and listen to the rain instead of having to go out and talk to it. How it would be a good thing. She didn’t get my explanation. I drew her a couple of pictures. She bit me.






No comments: