Thursday, October 30, 2003

Through the Glass(es) Darkly


I’m gonna get new glasses! I’m gonna get new glasses! Okay, no one else is as excited about this. I am very excited. My old pair, they were once only my glasses, now they are my old glasses. Memories… anyway. They got scratched. I was very careful with these. I don’t use soap on them, I dry them with only clean, soft clothes. I do not let the dog use them as chew toys. I have been very careful. Kind of. As long as I remembered to. I mean in an often way, like almost daily.

But they got scratched. I don’t know the scratch that broke the camels back but I kind of think it may have been when Dogger tried to climb her leash while in the middle of an intersection and caused me to fall down and the glasses to hit the pavement. In front of an audience. People got out of their cars to help me while this gigantic dog appeared to forcing me to the ground probably to tear my throat out. It was a great moment in Dogger ownership.

Kitty has helped scratch them to. He has knocked them behind my bedside table and made my lamp fall on them. Most of the scratches appear to have come from me drying them. No matter how careful I am, I could use extra virgin baby blanket quality fabric and they would still get scratched up. This time they are in slightly better shape then my last pair was when I got rid of them. I can see through this pair.

Today when I went in to get measure for my bifocal line, yeah, they have to do that, they were much nicer to me then when I went in the last time. This time they all ready had my visa number so I think that may have had something to do with it. When I was just in there fondling their stuff they felt comfortable ignoring me. Now that they had my money, or at least access to it, they couldn’t be nicer.

So a week. Other people can get their glasses in about an hour? I wait a week.

I finally watched 24. Is that it? That what all the excitement and newsprint is about? Freak Outs and Hard Looks? I mean, Keifer is a hotty and all. But that was what all the critics wet themselves over? Was it better then first season? Did they hand out really good drugs to the viewers some way? Some kind of video heroin ? I think its like Cats.

It wasn’t bad, it just seemed rushed and artificially dramatic. Keifer squinted, drove around, tried and failed to shot up. That was interesting. I liked the Keiferster better in his young buns incarnation, his hair was much better. Maybe if Jack Bauer rode a horse. Hmmm.

That 70s Show comes back tonight. Yay! Well, not as a big a Yay as I was about it last season. I think I watched it too often in syndication . Also, I loathe Ashton Kutcher. A Lot.

I also noticed that the Yankees did not win the series, I found that out yesterday. I’m a football person and not a Yankee fan . Or a Marlins fan. To be honest, I’m a Ranger fan which is like showing up to cheer on the rabbits’ race with the turtle. Poor Rangers. They suck so much, so often and so well.


So is “winter” going to last a long time? It was warmer today and the sun stayed out. I guess it was just a tease. Watch, it’ll snow tomorrow.


No comments: