Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Raining Cats and Dogs



It’s raining again, more lyrics I don’t actually know, la la la its raining again It had stopped for a while. It was nice. Dogger could romp in the back yard to our little hearts content. She was digging again, but it was in dry dirt. It was a pain but it wasn’t leaving her with muddy feet.

Since it has rained Doggers holes are forming a series of trenches. I think they will be great for raising baby fish and tadpoles. If it rains tomorrow I’m going to pull out my Wet Lands application . A cold front is going to come through sometime tonight and it could bring rain. If it gets cold I may have my own Tundra in the making. It could be very exciting! Instead of a tribe of previously unknown native peoples I could have a tribe of previously unknown North Lands Snow Aborginals. Dogger could dig them snow caves and the huge enormous Oak would keep them stocked with wood for their fires.

Dogger loves this cooler weather. She actually runs around in the yard and does all those cute dog things. She is Frolicking! I am trying to get her used to frolicking in and out the basement door, this she is not grasping as well as I thought she would. She should remember this door and the way into the house. In my plain by the time it really gets cold she will go in and out of the house through the basement and save me having to go in and out with her. I am hoping that this will help keep my electric bill down this winter. Last winter it was ungodly high and I really don’t need that again.

It should help that Dogger doesn’t need to be taken out every half hour or so like last year when she was a puppy. It also should help that I have a fence this year and she can go out by herself. All the opening and closeting of the door was really a big power suck.

We didn’t get our walk today. I should have, I’m a bad Dogger Mommy. She is going to be a basket case for the rest of the evening and I will pay for my laziness. It’s Raining!!! I don’t wanna to go and walk around in the rain! It’s cold and damp and blucky.

I don’t think Dogger really likes walking in the rain either. She doesn’t want to stay out as long and she seems to be glad that we’re home. If I could teach her to use the toilet that would really be a big help. I wouldn’t have to open the doors at all.

Dogger and I start Puppy School next week. Dogger doesn’t know it yet but she can’t wait. She really, really wants to please and I think she will find Puppy School a lot of fun. She liked learning Sit and she is still working on Stay and I bet once I know how to really how to make her do things she will be very fulfilled. Maybe I’ll learn to teach her tricks. Tricks like “Not Chasing The Cat” , “Not Eating My Socks”, “Not Eating Kitty’s Luvey and Playing Keep Away With It With Mommy”. I’m especially looking foreword to that one. My floors really would like her to learn better in door games. Like “Watch Mommy Watch TV”, “Play Nice With Kitty”, “Keep Self Occupied” , “ Don’t Pee on Aunty Alphagal or Uncle Broskey” . Sigh I’ll let ya’ll know.

No comments: