Thursday, January 15, 2004

My heart bleeds for me


My job must really suck. I lost another temp today. The last temp lasted three weeks. One Day! How awful is my job? That even a temp found it too tedious and repetitive. Temp jobs area all tedious and repetitive. I worked temp and I don’t think anything I did was less then tedious, if I got lucky it was repetivly tedious. I am in a job too dull for a temp to tolerate. I’ve been there for almost three years.

It’s just filing. The girl couldn’t hack one day of filing. I file everyday. She decided that she wasn’t coming back for the rest of the while she was at lunch. After almost three hours of work.

I mean, right now the office is unpleasant. Getting around is hard. There are plastic mail bins filled with facility files all over the floor. There are portions of the cabinets that are hard to access, you have to shove the bins around. Files fall off, slip around. Some of the cabinet doors don’t work, some of the drawers won’t open. One won’t close.

I hope it wasn’t me. I was nice to her. I showed her where the bathrooms and break room are, and introduced her around. I didn’t leave her to do all the work, I helped.

The silver lining of this is maybe the Powers That Be will notice that it is really hard to work in there and maybe they will move faster to get me the new cabinet they promised me before Christmas. It was supposed to be a temporary arrangement, the boxes all over the floor. The broken cabinets , I was repaired for, they break – it’s part of the lowest bidder thing. But. I didn’t think I was going to be living with the boxes this long. I think the PTB that decided in the first place that my office was “awful” should be spending more time in it now.

I need the temp. The last one saved my life. If it wasn’t for her, I would be in a very bad place at work, so behind, so in trouble. Sigh. I even liked her.

So here I am. I have to reteach a new person the same stuff I taught somebody else today. I think I’ll put him to work with the license stuff. It’s very boring but it will keep him busy. Hopefully it won’t be too boring. Maybe he’ll last out the week.

I did get some good news. My snow pictures turned out well, and I was able to pick up frames for some posters I have wanted to get framed. My film place is closing and everything, except the film developing was half off.

Oh, and for those of you who insisted, here. I am the one in glasses.

Me

No comments: