Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Good Things

They gave Studio 60 a full season pick up! Woooo! Am I the only one happy about that? I hope not, it’s really good TV. Watching it makes you smarter and weigh less, it also lowers your bad cholesterol and improves your long and short term memory. Prove it doesn’t.

They’re going to move it off Monday nights, but that’s cool. I’ve been having to tape CSI-Miami and if there is anything more embarrassing than watching CSI-Miami, it’s taping CSI-Miami. It means that I go out of my way to on purpose watch it! I make an effort to see it. That’s just so sad. It’s one thing to watch it because it’s 10:00pm on a Monday and, you know, after the dog has been bathed, what am I going to do? My Netflix movies don’t show up until Wednesday at the earliest and how many times can I read the current Entertainment Weekly?

I’m very excited about Studio 60. I’m hoping that moving it won’t result in them playing musical time slots with it, because that would suck. NBC doesn’t have a whole lot going for it right now anyway, so maybe they’ll be careful. I doubt it, but you know. They don’t want to piss off Sorkin, but he’s no Dick Wolf either. I think in a throw down Wolf would win. I’m pretty sure he’s drug free. Have you noticed that Dick Wolf and Jerry Bruckheimer own network TV? Everything on TV belongs to one or the other. I’m totally waiting for them to team up and make some Super Procedural. It would feature hotty cops and dashing Lawyers and really cute lab techs and maybe a few FBI guys, and sunglasses, lots and lots of sunglasses! It would have to take place in a warm climate - Bruckheimer needs bikini babes to tell his stories. They’d all be dead though, like in the first five minutes, Dick Wolf doesn’t do victims who make it out alive.It’s a casting issue, if they live they’re going to have lines and he’ll have to pay them more and it gets expensive when you have 45 shows on they all have a victim or during sweeps, victims of the week Can you picture a Law and Order that actually has a CSI team instead of just utilizing a bunch of of anonymous day players in scurrying around in “CSU” jackets? and who are most decidedly not cops? CSI-Law and Order. The ratings would be astronomical.

Did you know that Thanksgiving is next week? Like next Thursday? Really! It is. I was shocked too. We’ve all ready been issued our Holiday Party invite at work, it’s going to be the first week of December, RSVP or else and its going to be catered. It supposed to keep us from whining about who brings what and who takes home the heaviest doggy bag. It’s an issue.

All this catering means I won’t be making the famous chocolate ship pumpkin cake thing! This makes me sad. I really want to make it but I don’t want to have to eat the whole thing. I could be nice and bring it into the office out of the goodness of my heart though. I did have a conversation the other day about the dearth of food around the office and how wrong that is. I think in the past we had a baker and now we don’t. I blame George W. Bush.

If we want to stuff our faces with junk we either have to bring our own or use the machines, Candy Machine food? around the holidays? Ew, no. It’s just not festive enough. This time of year you want your calories to be festive calories. Eating the crap from the machine is just not festive! Its’ down right anti-festive! If you eat those three month old Doritos, the terrorists win! You want festive this time of year! If whatever you’re stuffing your mouth with at 2:30 every afternoon doesn’t have some cute frosted something somewhere on it or contains less then 1500 calories a serving - you might as well be out trying to trip Tiny Tim or mug a Who. It’s wrong.

No comments: