Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Stuff

So, I worked really hard all weekend, by Sunday night I wanted to take a shower, watch as much Without a Trace as I could tolerate and then go to sleep - earlyish if at ll possible.

I had to run to Broskey and Alphgals. This was not on my list! It was supposed to be shower/TV/bed! But you know, duty calls and you add an item to your list.

Duty finished I came home and preceded with my list.

Okay. Shower Time! Woo!

I got into the shower and went to wash my hair. There was no shampoo!!! How could I wash my hair with no shampoo! I even checked the baby soap I use to bath Dogger to see if it would double as shampoo - there was no mention of hair, non-whatsoever. I was at a loss. I was in the shower and according to my list, I was now at the long anticipated hair washing portion of my evening and I had no shampoo. Conditioner? lots, I am all about conditioner and am a little neurotic about maintaining my conditioner supply and keeping it well stocked. My hair needs conditioner. Ya’ll don’t know. It turns out I have kept my supply of conditioner very well stocked. It is now time to take “Buy Conditioner” off the list. I found two bottles in the shower and one in the cabinet. This news was not what I wanted to hear while standing there dripping, cold and blind trying to find stuff in the cupboard. . It’s not fun.

Time passes. Last night I am going back to Broskey and Alphagals. And I remember that we have an office Birthday today and I need to bring some cash for it. I stoped off at a grocery to write a check and get some cash. I hunted around until I found where they hide the bagged cheese - I’m going to make some dog cookies for the church and I needed to get cheese. The Church is having their annual Christmas cookie sale and I thought I would contribute some of my dog treats. It’s a billion dollar a year industry, the spoiling your dog industry and I think they’ll be able to unload fresh, homemade dog biscuits.

Not everyone wants more frosted cookies in their lives right now. They can buy dog treats and feel as though they are both contributing to the cause while not also contributing to their ass - charity has its limits. I feel bad for other people too but I don’t want to make myself self more fat in their honor ”Hi! You’re suffering and poorly nurished, in your name I will consume 678 calories!”. It seems wrong to help the hungry by feeding ourselves. I guess we’ll see if the Church ladies doing the cookie thing will accept home made dog treats to their cookie drive. If all else fails, they can call them crackers. My dog cookies could make excellent crackers. It’s all about perception, it’s a dog treat or it’s a cracker. Tomato, tomataho.

Anyway. I am at the store trying to find something to pad my otherwise$2.00 purchase and I buy batteries. I totally forgot my Sunday night shampoo debacle. My hair is still dirty, really well conditioned but dirty.


Edited to add Today in history: On Dec. 11, 1941, Germany and Italy declared war on the United States; the U.S. responded in kind.

No comments: