Thursday, April 23, 2009

More fun with me!

Since we're on the topic of my old age related ills, lets talk about my thumb.

Back when I was forcing The Kitty to live despite his better judgement, he knew he was dieing while I "knew"  that he was going to live because of the sheer force of my will - He bit through my thumb while I was force feeding him. It bled a little but it didn't seem like a big deal at the time. My cat was dieing.

Now, months later its a big deal because the thumb is going through some changes.  The good news is that sooner rather than later I will have a shiny new pink nail, I can see it there, waiting for the old nail to let go but old nail seems to be in no hurry to move on to the next phase of it's life. If that grosses you out you should be living with it, its even grosser in real life and it hurts.  To spare both myself and others the adult content and graphic  nature, I wear band aids or tape on it and they both make me crazy, the nail throbs but the adhesives on the tape and band aids makes me want to lose my mind. I don't know whats worse, the band aids or what's under it. I have learned that my thumb pretty much warms the bench  when it comes to digging in the garden, my thumb is absolutely first string when it comes to trying to wash my hair.You learn things over time.

Well enough about my thumb. Wednesday was Administrative Professionals Day!!!  and I got a prezzie!

Isn't it pretty? Its so much better than a bouquet they got me last year. It's  going to look really nice in my yard. I have another azalea on the other side and next spring they will be a nice matching pair. Thursday, management is taking all the support staff out to lunch. It's good to have a job.
Signs of the Times

No comments: