Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Room Mates

I have a house guest, well, she's been here for three weeks and she'll be here for an additional two weeks so she's really not a guest anymore. She's moved into border territory. I welcomed her into my home and she snarled at me.

And that was on a good day. The rest of the time she's hissed at me while I cleaned her box and told me to go to hell while I brought her her nummies. My Moms' cat is not a nice person.

Sweetie Kitty does not like me. She has never liked me, she wouldn't let me even touch for years, which really hurt because animals like me, they have always liked me. Cows like me, llama's like me,  feral cats like me but Sweetie the cat hates me. It's unnatural. It's also unfair because she has the fur of a baby chick, down pillows are jealous of her. Really, my parents keep their TV remotes in there and I lusted  just to touch it but she was a selfish beast. She was a nasty, hissing cat beast right up until... She was abandoned in my house  and she gave up all hope. Robbed of hope, sad, lonely and deprived of her home and hearth she morphed into really a very nice cat. The last time she stayed with me was right after Tex died and she was so nice to me! He died and she morphed into a new cat. She was furry and fuzzy and sweet! And her fur! Oh my Gawd her fur! Baby ducklings aren't that soft, baby bunnies are like sandpaper compared to her. She gave me full body head butts and cuddled with me and purred like a race car for hours. She was my own little feline grief counselor and thanks to her, I was able to see to go out and get my baby Ace.

Time past. She went home and things went back to normal. She forgot all about our "affair". I didn't.  Tiny and I went to her house and I fully believed that we would start up where we finished. Yeah. Not so much. She bit me and then attacked my cat.  It was over.

More time past.  She came back to my house.  

She was a nasty, hissing cat beast right up until... She was abandoned in my house  and she gave up all hope. Robbed of hope, sad, lonely and deprived of her home and hearth she morphed into really a very nice cat. Again. . She's even nicer to cuddle  than Tiny because she knows how. Tiny doesn't want to cuddle, Tiny wants to play!play!play! and nibble my fingers and bounce off my face.  AT the end of  a bad day I don't really want to play, I want full body head butts and power purring. I have another two weeks before she hates me again. It's a twist on Flowers for Algernon, instead of growing a brain she grows a heart, it's  Cat Toys for Fluffy.

1 comment:

Eduth said...

I hope the "nice" takes hold for good after this prolonged visit--but I'm not going to hold my breath. I guess the real test will be if she hisses and scratches at US when we return!