Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Hello!

So, how's Dogger?

Dogger is about the same as she was yesterday. She's a little more annoyed with me today than she was yesterday but frankly, I pay the bills around here and she doesn't. I decided that for her own safety, that she should be crated until we know for sure whats going on. She's happy in her room on her bed but I am  not happy about her falling off her bed as she is want to do when she only has three working legs and I al also afraid of her losing her balance while trying to stand up on her bed and further injuring herself. There is also the matter of her spending too much time on the carpet causing more damage to the skin on her elbows.

I relented a little bit and decided that at night she could be in her room because she sleeps all night and doesn't do a lot of wandering around. During the day, while she's awake and more likely to try to move around, she'll be in her huge, padded crate.

She's eating and drinking well and is "eliminating"  normally too. Yay. Friday I am taking off work to take the both of us to doctors appointments. The vet said I would  need to if Dogger wasn't back to normal by Thursday and I can tell you now, she's not going to be back there by Thursday, that she would need to be brought in for X-rays on Friday.  I am also going to the doctor but I won't be getting sedated or x-rayed.

On non-Dogger-news, I made the cookie dough for my Martha Stewart sugar cookies and I went to a very boring meeting of the party's Wake Country Executive Committee to learn about local races and to elect three folks to some other more important committee. We also learned about the upcoming School Board elections  TO BE HELD OCTOBER 6 WAKE COUNTY and how these are the most important elections of our...  Well, not that important  but pretty damn important because if the Republican slate wins they will re-segregate the Wake County schools.

The sad thing is that no one is going to vote and that always  bodes well for the Rethuglicans and their mouth breathing, racist minions. So we all need to look alive and get out there and GOTV and make people know what is riding on this election. Silence does actually equal death.

No comments: