Thursday, April 29, 2010

Row, row, row your bike

I was riding to the post office today and was feeling particularly drag-ass. I felt drag-ass the last time I rode as well and I was blaming my dragging ass for my poor performance.

It wasn't my fault I found out as I was feeling particularly draggy, that the rear tire of the bike is noticeably low on air. Ha! Not. My. Fault. And? extra points to me for working so hard to make the bike go at all under the circumstances. I deserve something frosted for my labors.

The tire pump was of course not in either place it is supposed to be. It is either by the side of the house, where it was not or in Minnie and I didn't do a cavity search of Minnie for it because I decided that the project could be done on another day, especially since I have to buy stamps over my next lunch and that precludes a lunch time bike ride. Darn just when they were becoming so  enjoyable. Not.  The flat has really made a not hard task very hard and tasky and I have enough tasks.

I wish I had  been paying more attention to the tires because I have been very disappointed with me lately re: The Bike, riding has been such a sour sorrow but now at least I know its not me.

List now includes "Pump up tire".

Since no one answered my query about the planters, I had to ask my plant guru at work and she told me to let them lie where they are. They are fine. I do think however I am going to shift them from time to time so the grass underneath them doesn't suffer any meaningful damage from being covered up in service to the Experimental Garden. I am a good neighbor.

No comments: