Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Garden 2010 Update 8: The Return of Photoblogging!

Sometimes I appreciate my cat more than others. My cat needed to go so he used his box upstairs while I remained warm and dry. My dog needed to go so we walked around the block in the pouring rain and I became cold and wet. Anyway, thanks to the rain my rain barrel is full again as of yesterday and I am relieved of my twice daily watering duties until the ground dries out.

Speaking of my watering duties...


All in all doing well. I am going to have to spray it sooner than I had thought I was going to and that doesn't make me hugely happy but so far the damage is minimal and localized and may have been the calling card of some transient evil doer.


The first is the aptly named 4th of July variety of tomato as its supposed to produce by July 4th. the second shot is just representative tomato growing and developing. All the tomatoes are about the same height and weight except for the Experimental Garden tomato, its about half the height and weight of the others. This is totally against my original theory that  despite the limits of the container  that all the sunlight would make the plant healthier and stronger than the same plants in the garden with less sunlight.
You can't really tell but both plants are scraggly and small.
Speaking of the not scraggly and small other plants...



True, they aren't as butch as the tomatoes but peppers do things on their own maddening schedule. I am pleased that the smallest plant is growing and I really thought that it would have not made it this long. The other, other plants on the other hand are on a very pleasing schedule.

some of those green things are green beans
Yay for the green beans! And here, a family picture. Soon to be covered with beans!


Speaking of happy, growing, productive things. My raspberry plants are going gangbusters!


There was even a ripe-ish one over the weekend but a bird got it before I did. Bastard bird.

My other little friends, my flowers are doing well too. The flowers I bought are flowering along and growing and getting taller. My little seeds are also growing and getting stronger but they are really flowering yet.


The tall greens are baby plants. I'm not sure what kind of flower they are going to turn into but they are pretty even without blooms. Speaking of blooms, my hydrangea didn't bother blooming at all last summer but this year it has had a change of heart.


Okay. Speaking of old things that are new again...

Introducing my new old chaise!!



No comments: