Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Super Model Vs. Adequate Model

I was a such a slug today I wanted to curl up in one of my flower pots and munch on a petal. So lazy! I did walk the dog like I was supposed to but I totally blew off the bike, I just didn't want to - which should be irrelevant. I should automatically finish my lunch time protean bar and get on the bike  and ride, which is what I did last spring and summer. I was so good.

I stayed away from my McDonald's so thoroughly that they tore the damn thing down and I didn't know about it! Imagine my surprise when I was tooling past and it was gone! How did they know I was so weak? I mean that's what I call corporate dedication to fitness.

This spring? Not so much. My McDonald's has been beautifully rebuilt. I do want to point out that I am eating my protean bars in my car like I'm "supposed" to but this year I sit in my car and say I should really get on the bike. Last year I was down right  compulsive about getting on the bike everyday.

Okay. I got tired of the self flagellation, thank-you-Gawd for the exer-bike! I did a couple of miles and now I don't have an appetite for flower petals at all. Maybe I should "do" a cleanse or something to get me in the right direction? I think they mostly push you in the direction of your bathroom but... I have that mini-reunion thing the end of June and I don't want to be as thick as I am now then, but on the upside I am practically a stick compared to how I looked at our twenty year reunion so I am ahead of where I was then and even then in comparison to a lot of my classmates I was borderline  Adequate Model. I don't need to be stressing over them.

Maybe if I exer-biked in the mornings before I left for work?

There is the summer issue and I want to go to the beach  and I don't want to look slubby at the beach but there also is the Adequate to oh-dear-Gawd comparison  too. In reality I don't want to show up on People Of Walmart.

No comments: