Thursday, May 20, 2010

 Wally's World

I thought I was going to get my curtains. I didn't get my curtains. I thought one of the five or six emails I have received from Wally about my order had said : We have your drapes, come and get them" but instead it said :Your drapes have been shipped you can't have them yet. - which is odd because the email also said they were in Charlotte and even if the drapes had to walk to Raleigh on their own, they would be here by now...  Hmmm.

Unless Wally is saving money on gas by strapping individual  orders to the backs of drifters and pointing them in the right direction? Meth is cheaper than gasoline isn't it? Oh Gawd! They are walking from Charlotte!  It could very well explain the lag in delivery! It doesn't take two weeks to get anything delivered! I had an entire chaise rebuilt and reupholstered and it didn't take that long to get back to me.

They are going on and on about their vaunted "Roll Backs"...They sent the same email message to me a couple of days apart so I took for granted that email number two was the one saying they had arrived. No they have not. The good news is that I didn't trek all the way to Wallyworld to find that out. 

The bad news is that my drapes are at the mercy of a meth addicted drifter! who is probably being tortured by a psycho trucker right now! They are going to find his body and  the remains of my drapes somewhere in New Mexico next March.

On the other hand, I wasn't prepaired anyway. I  didn't have the receipt printed out and my instructions are very strict about having my printed receipt in hand as well as two forms of picture ID and my birth certificate and proof of citizenship (I am a brunette)  in order to take custody of my drapes - you know because there is such a black market for Wallyworld drapes. Whatever, I should have known that when Wally says you are going to wait for two weeks, that Wally means you are going to wait for two weeks. If you are too cheap to pay for S&H handling you  clearly don't really need whatever it is in a hurry anyway. Tsk.

*****

Speaking of walking, I thought that since Dogger hadn't had quality walk for the last few days that I would take advantage of the nice weather and take her for a longer walk. I had some bills to pay and since my Mail Man declared another holiday, I needed to mail them myself. So we walked to the post office. I had wanted to do this because I ride my bike there and always see all these cans and bottles and its harder to pick them up on my bike. So we walked and I picked up shiny things. I had worried that it might be too far for Dogger but she was fine, for my part I came home and fell asleep. The question of whether chaise was as comfortable as old chair has been answered. I slept like a rock.

No comments: