Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I tried an experiment with the flowers tonight. I went online and looked up DIY detergent pesticides and I found a site with a handful of suggestions and came home and made one. They had one recipe that I'm not sure if it would act as a pesticide but it would be a great marinade! They also included a tobacco idea that while all nice and organic and all is lethal and not suggested for use on plants you might eat. A lot of the really nasty pesticides use tobacco in one form or another.

I haven't really had a big problem with bugs thus far but I have seen a few traipsing around on m,y raspberry plants and I have seen a few chewed leaves on the other plants as well, but nothing that thus far seems really serious. Last year I ended up dosing everything with napalm and if worse comes to worse, I still have it. I would  prefer not to but I'm keeping it on stand by.

I think its all going to be a moot point anyway. They are forecasting rain for the evening so my experiment could very well be washed away. I slept through a huge thunder boomer the other night complete with "city shaking" lightning strikes and I didn't hear a thing. I had no idea the window unit was such an effective noise blocking device?

With the rain in mind I'm trying to decide if I want to take Dogger for her third walk. I didn't take her for her second walk until seven - over the winter her second walk is at five and her third around seven thirty. Now with the long days and  oppressive heat, I don't  want have rush to take her out at five and I don't. It so much nicer to maybe run errands after work instead of wasting my lunch hour, then come home, feed her, feed me and the leisurely change my clothes and sit down and relax instead of   racing in and out the door to beat the dark. Not civilized at all.

You know whats really civilized? lounging on your hammock reading The New Yorker while  the scents of your roses and herbs wash over you and then later? Ending a lovely, relaxing stroll  being serenaded by civilized Mexican waltzes and inhaling everyones BBQ. Very nice.

No comments: