Thursday, July 22, 2010

Discount Foodie

Dogger had a very nice walk this evening and I sweated off five pounds of fluid. We walked through the park at the rec center because I want to keep Doggers healing paws off the boiling pavement when I can and the both of us in the shade as much as possible.

We ran into a little boy who lurved him some Dogger. He was thrilled that the big dog wasn't a biter and asked if all the dogs around here was a nice, he knew another dog and it was also a nice, non-bitey dog and he thought this was unusual. While he pet on Dogger he advised me on the care and feeding of the other nice, non-bitey dog he had met, his friends chiwawa. He gave me two pieces of advice when dealing with the little dog, 1) Don't call the little dog stupid, he hates it and  2) Don't  use people lotion on the dog, it makes his fur fall off.

The little boys friends finally called him over, after I was about to die, and Dogger and I went home to eat. I had a really nice Farmers Market bell pepper stuffed with ground chicken and my tomatoes while Dogger enjoyed kibble. I made sure to not let my peppers see the interlopers, I didn't want to hurt their feelings or make any comment on their relative quality and size. I watched a little TV and left to pick up some pictures and hopefully, to get a much reduced floor lamp at Poverty Barn. Membership has its rewards.

I didn't get my lamp but I did get three new types of pasta! Wooo! I passed on one interesting variety that was so interesting I had to call my sister in law to get some advice on how I was supposed to cook it, but I couldn't get her and I didn't get the pasta. Its not a big loss, the stuff looked like unpainted pick up sticks and I don't think I need bring home noodles I need to do research on order to eat, my food doesn't need to be that interesting.

No comments: