Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The unblank page

http://www.dallastheatercenter.org/Page.aspx?WP_ID=3346

I originally did not post the above in August of 2008. I decided instead of using my Happy's as substitutes for a working site, I would turn to another source of possible  solutions to my Blogger problem.  sad, forgotten drafts. Its lucky I have suffered from commitment issues.

Oh.

Knock, Knock
Who's there?
Aunty
Aunty who?
Antibiotic!

Yes, Dogger is back on the juice. I had noticed a spot on one of her paws two weeks ago,  and she was licking it and her leg was pink  and I diagnosed it as a possible hot spot and I treated it and it went away. Now, it either went away because I treated it or I got confused about which foot I was looking at.

Anyway, either Foot B became pink after Foot A or Foot B is Foot A and the spot wasn't a spot at all and was in fact tears on her paw pads or there was a hot spot and then she got the burns from hot pavement or she tore the pads along the way or she licked the wounds and then they became the pinkness and infection. It doesn't matter, her one paw is good the other has multiple, small infected wounds.

Dogger, after a good year of downing pills like a suburban teen was down two pills a day, Now she's back to sevenwhich means I get to shove my hand down her throat seven times a day! I'm so excited. On the up side, its not for long and the meds will clear up the infection and so she's not going to die from septicemia because that's how she rolls -  Zero to deaths' door.

 The doctor also gave me the go ahead to not freak out if Dogger uses the stairs. I've been keeping her from using them for over a year because I was afraid if she used the stairs her entire back end would shatter. She has gone upstairs a couple of times and caused me to hyperventilate but knowing she isn't going to shatter like a vase doesn't mean I want her using them either. The cats' litter box lives upstairs and I'd like to limit Doggers' access to it....But, I do have a DVD player up there and it might be nice to watch movies with her on the bed sometime and when it gets really hot, I'd like to have Dogger share the joys of the window unit with Baby Kitty and I. We have some options now.

Also, the vet and I spoke about getting Dogger on glucosamine. She has arthritis and the winter sucks for her and means more pills and vet visits. I would like to limit both. He suggested getting her started on 2000 mgs a day for a month and then moving her down to 1000 mgs a day from then on. I can get her dose in bottles at Wally World or vats at Sam's.

No comments: