Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cooking

I didn't have anything from the garden for dinner, I could I chose not to. Instead, I cleared my palate with a simple pasta dish.  That makes it sound so much more interesting than saying I boiled some spaghetti because its just too hot to mess with the oven or spending a lot of time in front of the stove.

Does anyone know any good recipes for bell peppers? As much as I love stuffed peppers, I have been eating a lot of them lately and I understand that they can be exploited in more ways and there are  many directions  in the pepperverse that I have  yet to explore.

Hmm. About those directions, many were variations of the stuffed pepper theme or used peppers as small parts of a much harder to cook and much harder to put together dishes or  used them primarily as a garnish! The horror! I did see a crab bisque that looked really interesting but sadly, crab meat doesn't grow on tidy shrubs in my yard and I can't just pick it up at the farmers market, but darn it all, I would have to sacrifice and go shopping at the fish mongers and that would be a terrible thing.

It did have the added appeal of requiring tomatoes and I have plenty of those. It was complicated but it was one of the few that got my attention and that there was any chance I would eat myself. I might have to freeze some peppers and make that bisque in the fall or winter.

What I could do, is make some stuffed peppers that I am admittedly a little over right now and just freeze the whole lot for meals later. I would even have to cook the stuffing, just stuff and freeze and cook later.

 I could also check any one of my too many cook books and see what they say. Its harder to browse by ingredient in the books though and I would imagine frustrating and very easy to get off task. It was very  to stay on task online but the repetive nature of the results was less than inspiring.

No comments: