Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Watching The Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show

They aren't kidding when they call this Awards Season! Golden Globes, SAG, Grammys, Westminster Dog Show!

I miss the dog park. It was like going to a dog show every day. Sigh. The thing that makes me the saddest about Dogger eventually going on is that unlike a say, a Golden Retriever, I'll never see another dog that looks like her. Its the curse of the mix breed. Of course, I grew up with a full blooded Weimaraner and I've never seen her twin either. She, like Dogger was one of a kind.

Did you know that Singleaire is too expensive for my insurance company to pay for?  See, if I could afford to buy my own meds, I wouldn't need insurance. The pharmacy shot it back to the doctor to try and talk BCBS into covering it. My regular doctor knows to order only generics.  At my regular doctors office there are no advertisements for hospice groups either, that was not the most uplifting thing I've ever encountered at a doctors office. It was also not helpful that  the man in the waiting room when I arrived, appeared to be dead.

I should get an Irish Wolfhound, all I would have to do is walk it around once or twice and I'm pretty sure I could get rid of my alarm. They kill wolves for a living, forget getting off the sidewalk to avoid us, I could evacuate neighborhoods with it.

Best hound should go to a hound not a dog like the Wire Haired Dachshunds. I think I would have voted for the either the Blood Hound or the  Rhodesian Ridge back. I guess I do have some fondness for the small dogs, I have a few dachshunds that I am  very good friends with and I never turn down a chance to play with a beagle.  Okay, I pretty much approve of the small hounds, but I still think the blood hound should have won or even the wolfhound because the big dogs never get any respect. No cute clothes either.

Its the Toy breeds that are truly pretend dogs. They even compete as pretend dogs!

This year the dog show has made some changes, this year we will not cry through David Duchovny and Sarah Mclaughlin  making us feel bad every ninety seconds. The new ads from the new sponsor are about happy dogs doing fun stuff and the message is  How much happier you will be if you have a dog, dogs are happy and think how much happiness a dog will bring you! go get a dog! Not as in years past when the message was: look at these miserable, pathetic dogs that are about to be euthanized, they will die because you wanted a golden retriever, you bigot. You are a puppy killer you are a miserable bastard. Guilt is good, I really promote it as a tool, and I do like David Duchovnys' voice, but Go get a dog! Dogs make you happy!

No comments: