Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Thinking positively


We are all going to hold hands and pray that the weather gods and their minions the weather forecasters, are all going to shriek Psych! and its not going to do what they are threatening us that they are going to do.

URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE RALEIGH NC 422 PM EST MON FEB 10 2014 ...AN INITIAL ROUND OF WINTER WEATHER IS EXPECTED ACROSS SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF THE AREA LATE TONIGHT AND TUESDAY... ...A MORE SIGNIFICANT WINTER STORM WILL AFFECT THE REGION WEDNESDAY INTO THURSDAY... .AN ARCTIC AIR MASS WILL MOVE INTO THE REGION TONIGHT THROUGH TUESDAY. A LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM WILL DEVELOP ALONG THE GULF COAST TUESDAY NIGHT...THEN TRACK NORTHEAST ALONG THE CAROLINA COAST WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY. SIGNIFICANT WINTER WEATHER IS EXPECTED IN ASSOCIATION WITH THIS SYSTEM...THOUGH PRECISE DETAILS REMAIN UNCERTAIN.

 I'm clinging to "PRECISE DETAILS REMAIN UNCERTAIN" I'm going to go with that this is some sort of drill. ALso, I only heard about this whole thing on accident on Saturday when this freaky Agility Mom said something about it in passing to someone else. So, I haven't had time to make plans for this.

For instance, I do not have any ramen. I'll let that sink in, I do not have any ramen ! What if the weather minions aren't just indulging in some meteorological  masturbation? I mean, they could>/i> be doing this just to make themselves feel good, right?  The winter is long and the weather has been boring here I mean I am pretty sure the Wake County schools are still open tomorrow and they close at the bat of butterfly's wing in Africa. 

As far as I know, its just cold. Very. very cold and cold is not a probelm, cold does not stand in the way of getting to where you are going. We can be hopeful. I am not happy that it looks like we might be in line to miss our first real agility class! This would be our second missed class due to weather and we haven't even really started yet. Sigh. I am suppsed to get my potaptes into the ground this weekend but if the ground is covered with snow its going to be another week and it will lengthen the season another week. With all this damn cold the wasps had better been whipped out.

No comments: