Thursday, March 13, 2014

Thursday



There is an arts magnet high school in downtown Raleigh and I am guessing they are the source of these notes. I think this is a neat project and I hope they do more of it  on a wider scale. I do have to offer some of criticism  however.

-  Your message should be clear and easy to read. Paint pens are not your friends. Ever.

- Try to keep your references somewhat easy to recognize, you want your audience to think about what the words  mean and process them, they should not have to play Wheel of Fortune" all afternoon to figure it out, because then it is about the letters and not the message. The quote from Socrates is actually : Beware the barrenness of a busy life.
, I had never heard that one. Good find, good message, bad job getting the idea across to your audience.  Write it in nice black sharpy and you might have had a winner.
- If I have to run your message through a photo program to read it, you're doing it wrong.
 

No comments: