Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Agility Week 4


We did better in class and I was trying to post a bit of our warm up pre-class but it was a nightmare of unnecessary difficulty and poor computer/phone cooperation. I mean, like really, really stupid-who-decided-it-needed-to-be-difficult level frustration. I needed to edit the footage because of the number of times he ended up his performance by biting down on my elbows. His teeth are very healthy.

The instructor was very excited about him and how well he did. I think it was the fact that we were the class this week and we could go over and over and over a given series until he got it down. He needs more than one or two run through's. He also needs more practice at home and I'm not really sure where that is going to happen. I have a tiny backyard and there aren't a lot of places I can just take the obstacles I have and camp out. Also? I need more obstacles, a couple of more jumps,  a tunnel, an a-frame.

But what am I going to do with them and where am I going to put them? Do Rocket and I want to do this? He's good at it and clearly enjoys it but needs lots and lots of work. Do I have time for this? Do I want to keep taking classes out in BFE? Do I want to sign up in the fall for the 3rd level of agility? Should I call his puppy trainer, Bubba the Dog Whisperer to help me force patience and self control down his dogy throat?  Because Bubba could, he's that good. If Rocket could learn some self control and patience he could potentially be a really strong agility dog. No one is faster or more enthusiastic and if he could get it together, he could be a real competitor.

I wonder how hard it would be to set up jumps on the beach? And how much guerrilla agility I could arrange on vaca?

No comments: