Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Monday

Today I walked the dog in the drizzle. Not for me. because I can ride the exerbike, but  for him. I want him to have another day like he appeared to have today.

I checked in with him every hour or so for a five seconds and he was always happily sacked out on the futon, he looked very relaxed and calm. I could have just missed the few minutes of total panic he has every day or he didn't have them because he got the panic exercised out of him over the weekend.I saw no signs of him being upset.

SO he had a good day. Today he had two short walks  and in between he spent the day  lounging and watching TV. When I came home from work, he had a long walk, in the rain. Neither of us was particularly happy about the drizzle and I got very tired of my umbrella, we got our walk. I see it has being a good dress rehearsal for once the time changes and we have to bolt the minute I get home. I came home, changed shoes and we were out the door by 4: 30. We returned almost exactly one hour later. It wasn't  our more expansive, three mile walk, but it was a good two and a half and I think that's a good distance.

We would have gone the whole three, but it was raining and it didn't seem like something we needed to do today. We can try tomorrow. I still rode the exerbike while he spent the time trotting back and forth to his room and bring back toys to play with. But calmly trotting back and forth, it was cute.

I also got him fitted with his Thunder Shirt. The new size fits like a glove and he seems comfortable in it. This is his first try out in it. The directions say that I am to have him wear it two or three times for an hour or so before going for a real trial with it. I think that we're going to go for the gold on Friday.

Friday is First Friday and I will be leaving him at home, past Fridays he has not been at all happy about it and really suffered. I need him to not suffer and to be happy.

No comments: