Thursday, April 16, 2015

My Own Private Eldon, day 3


Tuesday I wore shorts when I walked the dog, because it was warm bordering on hot. I had planned on wearing a skirt to work on Wednesday because it had been so warm I didn't want to wear pants, but sadly my skirts,  no longer fit. Which is a good problem to have, but not at the last minute. I had to change to slacks that do fit- which turned out for the best because this morning when I picked up the paper it was cold!!  Not warm! Its April! And then it never got warmer, all day.

In Texas, once it got warm it was warm, it was contractual thing. It was warm, it got hot and that was how it went. It wasn't warm and then cold, and then warm again and then maybe in several months time it got cold, but none of this "warm on Tuesday, cold on Wednesday", this is nonsense. The weather was ugly mean and nasty, but it followed the rules like an adult. It did not screw around with us. If I put the long sleeves away I put them away because there was no chance in hell that I was going to be seeing them again until deep into fall.

Today, if I had walked the dog after work, I would have worn a coat. A coat. But I didn't walk the dog after work because it was raining. Again. Or still, it had stopped but it started again. But now its cooler than it was and that sucks. My plan for the week the painter was here was to take our walk early and get dinner downtown, I get my Chinese, and good walks and we get home in time to meet the painter. But. It insists on raining and raining makes my plans all soggy.

You can't eat outside in the rain, you can't walk the dog in the rain. You can't do a whole lot in the rain. This sucks. I did get my Chinese but it wasn't the Chinese food I had planned on and I had to leave the dog in the car.

And I didn't get a walk.

The guys are painting and so far they haven't unplugged my sat - but this time I have a plan, I have my computer and I have a movie and I am good. I might even finally figure out how to stream that new Tina Fey show on Netflix. I am not helpless, I am trapped in the office and there are strangers in my house, but I have  a plan, and in a few days, I'll have my house back.

No comments: