Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Monday



Almost there. Almost.  I am pleased with how this turned out. Of course the first thing I noticed after I brought it in was that I did not paint under the lazy Susan! I didn't realize that it was that much larger than the table top. I thought they matched. Oh well, it'll get done at some point. I added some birds but only a very conservative number of hem. Still, birds though.

Before


After







And what of the bookcase?

I am not pleased with this.



The paint peeled off is sheets. I went to remove the tape and things went very wrong after that.


I don't know what happened. I can't imagine that the cheap cardboard book shelf unit would be painted with oil paint? I don't know if I painted under bad circumstance, if it was too humid or too warm or what exactly happened but it happened and the case isn't painted anymore. It may be a sign and it maybe won't get painted, the other bookcase is not painted and I'm okay with it but I don't like being thwarted! Maybe I'll go out and find a real wooden book case and I'll paint it out and it will look nice and the paint won't peel off in sheets. Damn it. Or not, I'll just deal with it,but I'll also deal with it sitting there and mocking me. Sigh.

No comments: