Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Learning



I'm watching Yard Crashers because the alternative is something called Tiny House Hunters and it sounds like it features pretentious hipsters getting excited by what most people would see as very fancy playhouses. If you're going to live in under five hundred square feet,  just go buy a big tent or invest in an RV, don't pretend that you're going to spend the rest of your life in a piano crate.

Gawd.

The dog just roused himself enough to raise his head and half bark at something I couldn't hear. He didn't even bother to get up off the floor.

Speaking of him sleeping on the floor, I know you are asking yourself about how we are doing in this brave new crate free world... He likes the floor better than his bed and he likes my bed better than the floor. In the name of progress I want to add that thanks to the leash, he is limited to sleeping at the very foot of the bed, a vast improvement for me because pre-leash he was a bed hog and his favorite sleep position was "windmill".

SO its not entirely the progress I was hoping to ave achieved, but he is limited. I need to fix the stuffing in his bed though, I can see that its gotten a little misshapen and wonky. I want it to be a comfortable place he likes to stay . Its hard to make a dog bed better than the bed bed, but he is going to have to learn to stay in his bed. I am going to have to learn to keep him in his bed.

No comments: