Thursday, October 5, 2017

Cone



Dog is doing well. Unlike Tuesday, he did not eat his futon Wednesday, so progress is being made. He is getting better at getting his suddenly two foot wide head through doors and he seems less flustered by the cone in general. He clearly hates it though.

He has to wear it though. There is no two ways about it. His ear is very fragile and needs to be protected at all costs what he needs to be protected from are his need to violently shake his head and ears and scratch his stiched ear with his very sharp claws.

He very much wants to itch his ear. He is itching his cone a lot. So much cone itching, it makes me sad to listen to him itch his cone, its very sad see. As sad as it is and as hard as it is, and it is hard, for both of us, I really, really want to take the cone off but I can't, I just can't I want to  leave it on as long as I possibly can because I want his ear to be as beautiful as it was before. I want to be able to pet his ear without being reminded of this incident and I don't want him to be reminded of it either.

ON a different topic, his halloween costume arrived today and it is fabulous!


No comments: