Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Pillow Pet



Today as I was napping on the dog - the best pillow ever. Soft and warm and supportive, a pillow that excels in all ways a pillow can excel in - with the added benefit that it actually loves you. Rocket is the best pillow ever.

I have tried to get my family to try out the best pillow ever. - because I don't have much, but I do want to share what I have and what I have is TBPE, however,  I don't know if TBPE wants to be shared, I don't know if he will be TBPE for people who are not me. I'm not positive that he will do this trick for other people. Or if other people really want to use him as a pillow, I mean he is, technically, a "dog" and he is covered with "dog fur" . I don't see this a problem because I am also covered with dog fur and so is everything I own including the cats, but others may not be so sanguine. They might demand a pillow case. I don't think he would go for that.

"Oh, are you going to lie down? Okay, I'll send the dog in. No, he's going to be your pillow! No, he's great at it! But you are going to have to nap on the chaise, because that's the best place for him to be a pillow, everywhere else he doesn't do it as well. No?  But the chaise is very comfortable! Just lay down with him for a second... He is mostly clean!" He is the softest, warmest, best pillow I have in the house! I promise you will sleep better with him that with a regular pillow! What if I try to put a pillow case on him?".

How about the Pillow as a trick? He likes performing. I don't think he would sleep on command but maybe?

But let's say he would.

I can't imagine getting to him to do it on command, however, he is very, very food motivated, He will do anything for food. He might even sleep for food: "Okay, boy, Go to sleep! Go to sleep! Curl up!, Good Boy! Now I'm going to curl up with him, and try to drift off. I need silence and total darkness for this. Okay? Thanks!"

 It's not a good bar trick. I don't travel with a couch, and I don't think watching us sleep would be very compelling under the best of circumstances. And we would still lose to a one eyed  rescued terrier cross that  yipped whenever it heard sound.

But, damn, he makes a good pillow! I wish others could experience the wonder of the Rocketillow. He's warm and soft but still firm and supportive. He almost forces you to go to sleep! Every single time I say "Oh, look at him being all pillowish, I think I'll just  see how long he'll tolerate me taking advantage of this", the next thing I know the evening is suddenly over, I have gotten nothing done and suddenly it is very late. Maybe this is calling. He was born to be a pillow pet.

No comments: