Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Tuesday


Things I think should be a Thing -  If you wake up and its raining and dark, you should be able to go back to bed. Really. Especially if its a federal holiday, the Olympics are on, there is a Without a Trace marathon scheduled, your cats have no food left, and you need to get someone to replace your headlight.

Its a pretty specialized requirement and very few people would make the cut. So I don't think it would get abused.

Cats really, really, really like to be fed on a schedule. Very focused, very OCD. If you go to bed without feeding them they do really cute things to remind you to feed them, or they would be really cute things if they were not being done at 2:15am, like camping out on your face and purring for an hour, its cute, its warm and kind of fun - the first time. And then its not. It's like why don't you go to sleep, and they say "Why don't you feed us" and I say "Because there is no food" and they go "Why didn't you go buy some earlier?" and I say "Well, because it looked like there was more than it was and frankly, I don't want to abuse the script I have for the food because the small print limits me to only six refills and if I can just go to the vets, I want to just go to the vets, which I can do. Tomorrow." And they say "I'm hungry NOW" and I say "Hey, fatty, I think you can suck it up for a few hours". And they say "Hey, lets go chase something loud across the floor for a couple of hours!"

I didn't get a lot of really good sleep Sunday night. I got sleep but not sleep-sleep. I kept getting woken up by cats looking for the kibble I had hidden somewhere on my person. Because I do that, hide cat food in my pajamas and in my hair. Just to be mean to my cats.

SIgnificantly later, I got the cats there food. I thought I was going to get food immediately when I had lunch, but I noticed that  I had no gas and while I might be able to get the cat food I would not be able to get the cat food to the cats - and irony they would not appreciate . 

The car gassed up, I was able to score the cat food and make an appointment for Rocket to get his bordetella shot on, note to self: THURSDAY AT 5PM.

Oh, and after work, I got my light changed. I had really wanted to do it myself, but, I would need supervision the first time or at least watch someone. But, I can say I watched someone do it and it doesn't look that hard. In any case it cost me all of $6.  Its a done job and I'm happy.

Um. Ice dancing is on, if I had a choice between watching snowboarding and Ice Dancing, I think I'd rather watch ice dancing. Are we going to medal in snow boarding though? I mean if there is a chance, I can see why we are here, because I think there is like between no and  not a chance in hell in ice skating  . But do we have to watch all of them? Can't we switch back and forth? What if we don't want to stay up all night?  NBC Fail.

No comments: