Thursday, April 19, 2018

Thursday

(Today we are not thinking about all the things that have anniversaries today. April 19th is not a nice day)

I think I learned an important lesson today : Do not lay down after work. Just don't. Stay vertical at all times.

I could have gone for a nice walk in the nice weather  but No, instead I took  nap instead and wasted most of the daylight. I should have taken a walk, a walk would have been better for me and the dog. Walks are good, naps may feel good but they aren't good for you. Naps are the devil.

It doesn't help that the dog and both cats think thats naps are a very good way to welcome me home and they all are huge fans of napping and if they can celebrate that fandom by showing me how much they love napping by napping with me?! The day just got better! All three of them already sleep 17 hours a day, if they can sleep an extra hour or so with me as a back up guest daytime sleeper?, why not? I'm there all night but there is just something special about napping together during the daylight.

I blame work making me work too much. I need to work less. Or take more breaks, I haven't taken a good break at work in too long. I need to do more playing on the computer and less time working on it. I should be wasting more state time.

The dog likes the walks, I think, but clearly he can and does live without them too. I need them more than he does and clearly, I also live without them just fine too. I think in all honesty, I take him downtown so other people can admire him. They get so happy when they pet him and I watch them relax and and calm down just by petting his ears and talking to him. He is a furry antidepressant. The longer they interact with him the happier they become and the more they smile and less stressed out they become.. They talk to me about their current pets and pets they had as children and stories about those pets and they go to a softer, less rushed place. I've seen it time after time.

They pull out their phones and show me pictures of pets both living and gone on and tell me stores about their fifteen year old cockapoos. II never guessed so many people were walking around with pictures of their late pets on their phones, a lot of people have a lot of pictures of late pets. I know because I've seen them. Of course, I also have pictures of my late pets on my phone too.

No comments: