Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Yay me.


Today was gross and rainy but I still rain many errands and put the dog in daycare, which is in errand in itself, twice because I had to drop him off and pick him up.

At lunch I went to order more checks - something that could be done online but that would require that I have saved the slip of paper with the needed rows of numbers on it and I did not. I only need to order checks eer eighteen months and slips of paper get lost, so I drove to the bank and did that and while I was there I got money to pay my Sams bill since I had no checks to pay the bill, which I did at the cash machine because it was faster then messing around with the teller, of course I got stuck behind some guy who must have been refinancing his home loan. I then went to McDonalds and got caught behind a couple of guys ordering for the entire construction site. While I waited I daydreamed about what I had to do after work. Pay the Sams bill, should I pick up meds or wait? Probably wait, go get the dog from daycare, drive cross town to pick up dog meds, get something for dinner...

But first, after the already too long work day we settled in for our interminable staff meeting. This week is Secretary's Week, AKA Administrative Professionals Week  , a few weeks ago was "Nurses Week", a week or so before that was "Social Workers Week". Yay me. In years past the managers took all of us out to lunch. The  first several years it was lovely restaurants and anything we wanted, and then for a another few years it was a country club and anything they had on the luncheon buffet, and now tomorrow,: pizza in the breakroom.  It is better than last year, last year we got nothing.

This year I keep all the pads of paper and batteries in my office to keep them from hoarding. If I didn't take control they would just make like chipmunks in little nurse hats and fill their nests with pilfered office supplies. They hate having to ask permission and I'm like "Yes. I know. Life Sucks. Take ONE". Appreciate me damnit.


No comments: