Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Tuesday



Well, I didn't ask the chaperone again That's the  schoolmarm looking lady who watches us work out and shushes anybody who accidentally makes noise. I was going to ask her how to use the other machines but she left the space just as I was finishing up - possibly to go track down the girl who clapped everytime she went another mile, to tell her to stop such displays! Yesterday I listened to her tell a weightlifter to make less noise as he lifted weights, much to his consternation, he  thought he was being quiet but apparently he was grunting too loudly. Oh, and there is absolutely no dropping of the weights.

The gym is almost silent except for some YMCA approved light pop muzak that is piped in. You can actually hear yourself sweat. You can also hear the person next to trying to catch heir breath. I think the machines have some sort of radio setting and I am going to have to get some cheapo headphones and try it out, its better to work out with a good beat or duh! just bring my phone out and make Spotify do its thing! I'll go to Big Lots at lunch and get a pair of the clunky headphones and use those, I really don't like the little ones, they don't stay in my ears and they hurt. I'll just stick the phone in my  zippy new exerbra and away we'll go. Problem solved.

Today I walked through  either Ontario or Toronto or possibly parts of both and then ultimately through some national park . What I really wanted to be doing was walking through hills and dales the whole time, I already walk through a city and lets be honest, all cities look about the same. Onces you've dodged one tourist, you have dodged all the tourists, they all look the same! And its not like they take you through the most attractive parts of the cities either, For most of the trip its just city streets, and not interesting or visually compelling streets either! Does anyone really think this is fun? I mean if you are a runner or a walker does this help pass the time? I want to walk along a path through the woods, I want  nature. I do not want  other people or traffic or buildings or concrete, I can not possibly be the only one.

Today I went a little further, 1.59 miles. Still a nothing walk for Rocket and I, but I kept adjusting how steep the grade was so some of it was very up hill, but I got tired of that very quickly and put it down to a more reasonable grade, but today I had it set at a much  faster speed setting, so that was good. Yay me. Tomorrow I really want to learn how to make the recumbent bike work.

There is another setting where you can watch yourself run laps around a track and that looks very boring, even more boring than walking past Italian dumpsters which is what I did yesterday. Today was a fish market and a sea wall.

No comments: